Sunday, December 20, 2015

Winter Wishes!

I do love altering objects....and giving them as gifts!


I purchased these unfinished wood pieces from Red Lead Paperworks in St. Louis.  Such fun to alter!  It only took one coat of red paint to cover these pieces.  Then I strategically placed a star stencil from Memory Box on top and stenciled with gathered twigs distress ink.  The ephemera (from my stash) on the inside of the pieces was glued in place.

With the ornament on the right, I glued the top on and then with glaze, I adhered the glass.  My husband (thank you!) drilled tiny holes on the top to run string through.  The snowflake and pearl were then added.

The snow globe was done a little differently.  I glued the plastic cover to the top and once dry, turned it over and added the glitter.  Then the back was glued in place.  The rocking moose was purchased at Michaels and dabbed with white paint and adhered to the front.  The wood sentiment was also purchased from Red Lead.  I just distressed it a little with gathered twig distress ink and adhered.  The globe then just slides into the base.

I'm going to submit this to Virginia's View Challenge and to the Color Throwdown challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment